Watch the Linkou Campus being constructed!
Everything You Want to Know About the Linkou Campus!
Find the answers to your questions about Morrison Academy Taipei’s move to a new campus in Linkou. Questions not answered? Please contact the PR Manager Grace Chiou – email@example.com.
- When will we move? 請問何時遷校
Detailed building design, permits and quality construction will take 3 years. If all the permits are granted in a timely manner we should be able to move in the fall of 2019. If the facility is not ready by that time, we will continue at the present location for a few months until we can move to the new campus.
- Will 9th grade (Class of 2021) be able to graduate on the new campus? 九年級學生(2021年畢業生)是否能於台北馬禮遜新校區畢業?
Yes, this year’s 9th grade students (graduating Class of 2021) will be able to complete 11th and 12th grade at Morrison Academy Taipei.
- When will 12th grade be offered at Morrison Academy Taipei? 台北馬禮遜新校區何時增設十二年級?
Our hope is to offer 12th grade beginning in the fall of 2020.
- Where is the new campus located? 新校地在哪裡?
- What will the new campus look like? 新校區外觀
- How was the community involved in the design process? 學校社群如何參與新校區的設計構思流程?
In 2015 the architect met several times with a facility planning committee which was made up of several parents and students. The spacious “pods” and parking for parents are examples of this committee’s contribution to the design. Community forums and parent surveys have also allowed for many voices to be heard.
- Why do we need to relocate to a larger property? 為什麼我們需要搬遷到一個更大的校地
The Board has heard Bethany parents’ requests for a high school. That is the most compelling reason to search for a larger campus.
- Could the high school be on the new campus and K-8 continue in the current location?
It’s much more efficient for K-12 to share the athletic field, gym, sports field, cafeteria, library, music and language teachers, busing programs, and Principal. Locating all the grades on one campus promotes a family atmosphere (older students helping younger students) and transportation for families with children in several grades.
K-12年級共同使用學校資源是較符合經濟效益的，如: 操場、體育館、體育設施、餐廳、圖書館、音樂及語文師資、校車、及校長。所有年級在同一個校區同時也能營造大家庭的氛圍 (高年級的學生可以協助低年級的學生)，而且方便家長接送在不同年級就讀的孩子。
- Could high school classes be added in a building close to the current campus?
Quality high school programs require lots of space for athletics and arts. The existing gym and outdoor space is already used to capacity. Sharing facilities and personnel between two small campuses is very inefficient. Also, facilities rental in this area is very expensive.
- Is there any possibility of leasing unused (closed) public school land in Taipei City?
是否有可能租賃在台北市已不用 (或已經關閉) 的公立學校土地？
More than 10 years ago, the Board asked the Superintendent to search for leasable property in the greater Taipei area that is at least 6000 ping and accessible by public transportation. During this long period of time, we have researched many properties. AIT, AmCham and even the President Office sent letters on our behalf to the Taipei city government. Unfortunately, every one of these overtures ended up with the red tapes in different government offices. Taipei City Mayor Hau is supportive of Bethany staying in Taipei City, but in October 2013 he told us clearly that it’s impossible for Taipei City to close down any public school for a foreign school.
- What new programs would be offered with a larger campus? 較大的校區可以提供什麼新的課程方案?
- Will transportation be provided from Taipei to the new campus? 從台北至林口新校區是否提供校車?
- Will parents have to drive their children to Bethany in order to catch the bus to Linkou? 家長是否需開車送學生至台北校區搭校車?
- Will there be parking for parents? 新校區是否開放家長停車?
There are 66 parking places designated for parents on the Linkou campus.
- Who can I contact for more information about the Linkou Campus? 若有任何林口新校區相關問題可與誰聯繫?
PR Manager Grace Chiou – firstname.lastname@example.org .
台北校區公關主任 Grace Chiou – email@example.com 。