Effective learning of Biblical principles resulting in life change is fully dependent upon the work of the Holy Spirit. These principles and their application are integrated throughout the school curriculum. Vital elements include recognizing the authority of the Bible, a purposeful curriculum and a modeling teacher using student-appropriate content.
The Morrison Academy Bible Curriculum
- Exposes the student to the breadth of the Bible
- Highlights basic doctrines and Biblical character traits
- Uses Scripture memorization among its strategies
- Emphasizes who God is
- Challenges students to accept Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord
- Encourages students to accept their self worth as unique creations in God’s image
- Provides instruction in ethical decision-making from a Christian perspective
- Promotes respect for persons regardless of race, culture, faith, and values
- Leads students toward spiritually mature choices in attitude and behavior
- Fosters personal growth
Students are encouraged to use their New International Version Student Bible daily.
Middle School Bible courses include Dynamic Christian Living (Grade 6), the study of Wisdom as presented in the Book of Proverbs (Grade 7), and the study of the Life of Christ in the Book of John (Grade 8).